Lecture by Dr. Mustafa Osman Ismail, the Former Sudanese Minister of Foreign Affairs, on “the Present and the Future of the Egyptian – Sudanese Relations”February 23, 2016
Visit of the Delegation of the US Air War CollegeMarch 8, 2016
In the context of the Council’s keenness since its establishment to include in its work agenda topics related to non-proliferation issues and nuclear disarmament in general, the Council’s annual activities on foreign policy issues are not limited to a symposium, workshop or other special events. The Arab Nuclear Forum under the chairmanship of the Egyptian Council for Foreign Affairs under the theme “Regional Security Implications of the Iranian Nuclear Agreement with the Group of States (5 + 1)” at the headquarters of the General Secretariat of the League on 28 and 29 February 2016.
In light of the Council’s interest in developing the intellectual outputs of most of its activities in the form of publications and publications containing the views and ideas on most issues and issues of interest at the local, regional and international levels, addressing the main issues were raised at the conference.
– Challenges of Arab national security, from the concept of Arab national security (regional view) and combating terrorism in the Arab region.
– Iran’s nuclear agreement with a group of countries (5 + 1), where the conference discussed the role of the International Atomic Energy Agency in the follow-up to the implementation of the agreement and an analytical vision.
– The security implications of the Iranian nuclear agreement with the group of 5 + 1, where the repercussions on Arab national security, the security of the Arab Gulf countries, and the chances of freeing the Middle East region from nuclear weapons were discussed.
– The effects of the Iranian nuclear agreement on the peaceful uses of nuclear energy in terms of nuclear safety and security, and the presentation of Arab experiences of a peaceful nuclear program, as well as an analysis of the content of the rights and obligations of the States parties to the Iranian nuclear agreement, its legal nature and regional implications, and its implications for the non-proliferation regime in the Middle East, in particular, and the peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
– The future of the Arab nuclear partnership and the Arab nuclear strategy until 2020, and preparations for the convening of the 2020 Review Conference in the absence of universality of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapon.