Working dinner and signing a memorandum of understanding with the delegation of the Chinese Association of Friendship (CAF)
On May 14th 2017, the Egyptian Council for Foreign Affairs and the Chinese Federation for Friendship signed a memorandum of understanding for cooperation between the two sides in all fields. The council then organized a working dinner in honor of the delegation during which they discussed various aspects related to ways of combating terrorism in the region and China in the fields of political, economic and cultural, in this regard it has been stressed on number of points including:
– Looking forward to enhancing the cooperation between the two sides in the field of cultural and knowledge exchange, and the importance of preparing a memorandum of understanding for cooperation between the Chinese Institute and many Egyptian cultural centers, such as Egypt Public Library.
– The importance of China playing its role in the (South-South) Cooperation, as well as cooperation between the South and the North in the context of what is known as the “Oriented Cooperation”, especially in the framework of China’s pursuit of the One Belt, One Road Initiative from the deepening of cooperation with all partners, although some countries have no desire to fear Chinese hegemony, which has faced the deepening of Sino-Japanese relations for decades, although the Chinese state has recognized since the revolution of 1978 the importance of cooperation between Asian countries to establish a new renaissance based on the concerted efforts of the Chinese people, and Aided with all partners in it, which China wanted to establish through the initiative of the One Belt, One Road and the way to establish a better world based on cooperation for development not conflict.
– Emphasize China’s vision of a nuclear-weapon-free world, awareness of its dangers, and the nuclear arms race, which will only lead to further turmoil and tension and escalation of crises.
– The importance of building on the two countries, the Egyptian and Chinese leaderships from strong political relations and starting from them to deepen cooperation in all security, economic and cultural fields and activate memorandums of understanding, especially those signed within the framework of the One Belt, One Road initiative. In light of the major national projects being carried out by the Egyptian state and the ongoing legislative reforms, foremost of which is the issuance of the new investment law, the solution of investor’s problems and the end of bureaucratic procedures.
– The importance of working with Chinese partners to correct what is being promoted about Egypt in the Western media, especially since Egypt is working to combat a global phenomenon that suffers from many countries and is working to achieve economic development and social justice despite the increasing challenges, which requires the concerted efforts of its partners to support the Egyptian state in its steps.
– To intensify visits between the two sides with a view to exchanging views and coordinating visions regarding bilateral relations or global developments, as well as promoting cooperation between the two sides in all fields of education and culture, especially in the context of what was declared, that the year 2016 is the year of the Egyptian- Chinese culture.